By: Denise N. Fyffe.
Copyright © 2012, Poetess Defy, Denise Fyffe
The legend, Bob Marley, is universally recognised of the greatest ambassador of Jamaican Reggae Music. His life, was so lived, to captain the ship called Reggae.
Bob Marley did songs and released music before he became a rastafarian. He and several others, which included Peter Tosh, Beverley Kelso, Bunny Wailer, Junior Braithwaite, and Cherry Smith formed “The Teenagers” which was a ska and rocksteady group. Ultimately it came down to just, Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh and Bob Marley, when they received a record deal. They were then known as “The Wailers”.
According to Wikipedia, Bob Marley’schildren included:
- Sharon, born 23 November 1964, to Rita in previous relationship
- Cedella born 23 August 1967, to Rita
- David “Ziggy”, born 17 October 1968, to Rita
- Stephen, born 20 April 1972, to Rita
- Robert “Robbie”, born 16 May 1972, to Pat Williams
- Rohan, born 19 May 1972, to Janet Hunt
- Karen, born 1973 to Janet Bowen
- Stephanie, born 17 August 1974; according to Cedella Booker she was the daughter of Rita and a man called Ital with whom Rita had an affair; nonetheless she was acknowledged as Bob’s daughter
- Julian, born 4 June 1975, to Lucy Pounder
- Ky-Mani, born 26 February 1976, to Anita Belnavis
- Damian, born 21 July 1978, to Cindy Breakspeare
Bob Marley‘s life was dedicated to Jamaican Reggae Music. His list of Jamaican songs is very extensive. See below, all his recorded music.
- Bob Marley: The Shooting of a Wailer by Cameron Crowe, January 13, 1977 (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)