By: Denise N. Fyffe.
Copyright © 2013, Denise N. Fyffe
- Jay Haizlip, Christy Haizlip,
- Clarence McClendon, Priscilla McClendon,
- Deitrick Haddon, Dominique Haddon,
- Ron Gibson, LaVette Gibson,
- Wayne Chaney, Myesha Chaney,
- Noel Jones, Loretta Jones
Episodes of Preachers of LA:
- Season 1, Episode 1 – Comeback
- Season 1, Episode 2 – Acceptance
- Season 1, Episode 3 – Tea & Sympathy
- Season 1, Episode 4 – Family First
- Season 1, Episode 5 – Perspective & Priorities
- Season 1, Episode 6 – Staying True to You
Preachers of LA has become a breakout show on the Oxygen network. Each minister gives the audience a general overview of how they became ministers and their lives then, starting with Pastor Deitrick Haddon. He describes how he was called to preach the gospel in his father’s church and what happened on his first try.
Clarence McClendon, had a father who was a pastor and he received lessons and bible drills from his father. He shares that from a very young age, he started his training; while other children were playing, his childhood was filled with learning about the bible and how to be a pastor.
Wayne Chaney had a similar upbringing, however he wanted to go a different route than his father and grand father. Pastor Chaney tried various pranks to startle his christian parents and deter them from encouraging him to become a minister; nonetheless, he could not deny the call of God on his life.
Bishop Noel Jones also had a lineage of pastors on his mother’s side. He was encouraged by his father, who sent him to seminary school to become a preacher. He actually went into a secular job as a manhole maker and became wealthy at 21 years. Then, he started his career as a Pastor at a senior citizen home, where he ministered people and women who were 40 years older than he.
Bishop Ron Gibson, started out in drugs and as a gang member of the Compton cripps. When he was at a party, he overdosed and called on the name of Jesus so that he did not die. Even though he did not immediately live the life of a Christian, after a couple of years he finally went to church and acknowledged Jesus as his Lord and savior.
Watch the video below and Meet the Preachers featured in Preachers of LA:
- Preachers of LA: The issue of ‘Shacking’/fornication (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)
- Preachers of LA: Season 1, Episode 1 – Comeback (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Preachers of LA: Season 1, Episode 2 – Acceptance (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Preachers of LA: Season 1, Episode 5 – Perspective and Priorities (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)