The 2016 Jamaica General Election is over, just in case you missed it.
But how could you?
There was a 1.5 quake that displaced the ruling Peoples’ National Party. In March 2016, the Jamaica Labour Party with Prime Minister elect Andrew Holness came into power.
Its early days yet, but many Jamaicans are watching like a hawk, to see what the second term prime Minister will do.
First on his agenda was naming his cabinet. Let’s take a look at those who were assigned posts in the Andrew Holness led cabinet.
- The Most Hon. Andrew Holness, ON, MP – Prime Minister, Minister of Defence, Minister of Economic Growth and Job Creation
- Derrick Smith CD, MP – Minister without Portfolio in the Office of the Prime Minister
- Dr. Horace Chang, MP – Minister without Portfolio in theMinistry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
- Daryl Vaz, MP– Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation
- Senator the Hon. Kamina Johnson Smith – Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Audley Shaw, CD, MP – Minister of Finance and Public Service
- Karl Samuda, MP – Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture & Fisheries
- JC Hutchinson, MP – Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture & Fisheries
- Robert Montague, MP – Minister of National Security
- Delroy Chuck, MP– Minister of Justice
- Senator, the Hon. Ruel Reid – Minister of Education, Youth and Information
- Hon. Andrew Wheatley, MP – Minister of Energy, Science and Technology
- Desmond McKenzie CD, MP – Minister of Local Government and Community Development
- Lester Michael Henry CD, MP – Minister of Transport and Mining
- Edmund Bartlett CD, MP – Minister of Tourism
- the Hon. Christopher Tufton, MP – Minister of Health
- Shahine Robinson, MP – Minister of Labour and Social Security
- Olivia “Babsy” Grange CD, MP– Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sports
Ministers of State
- Fayval Williams, MP – Minister of State in Ministry of Finance and Public Service
- Rudyard Spencer CD, MP – Minister of State in Ministry of Finance and Public Service
- Senator the Hon. Pearnel Charles Jr. – Minister of State in the Ministry of National Security
- Floyd Green, MP– Minister of State in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information
Mrs. Marlene Malahoo Forte, MP – Attorney General