The sandwich is another comfort food that is quick and easy to prepare even by kids.
Sandwiches vary in size and taste according to your likes and preferences so there is no specific way to prepare them.
Treasures of Colombia: Toasted Sandwich – Sandwich Tostado (Colombian Street Food)
BY: STACEY - ANN SMITH
Sandwiches are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, super, picnics, parties, special events or going on a long trip.
The beauty of sandwiches is that you can’t go wrong when preparing them; you can add whatever fruit, vegetable, meat, different kinds of bread, biscuit, sauces, and dressings.
My absolute favorite is the chorizo and plantain sandwich which is not only delicious and healthy but saves time as well. Let me walk you through the steps of making a great tasting chorizo sandwich:
- Step 1: Heat cooking oil in the frying pan.
- Step 2: Cut chorizo in 4 pieces.
- Step 3: Cut ripe plantain in 4 pieces.
- Step 4: Put both plantains and chorizos in hot oil to fry until golden brown.
- Step 5: Put 2 slices of white bread in the toaster
- Step 6: Place bread onto the plate then remove plantains and chorizos from pan.
- Step 7: Put plantain and chorizo between bread, add mayonnaise and sweet corn, close bread then eat.
Toasted Sandwich – Sandwich Tostado
You can try this sandwich and tell me if you liked it or not, remember that you can use your own ingredients for example, if you don’t have chorizo you can always use sausages.
PS: Try it and comment below if you liked or disliked it.
About the writer:
Stacey Ann Smith is from Kingston, Jamaica. She is an alumna of Camperdown High School and she graduated from The Shortwood Teachers’ College having earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Modern Languages, Spanish and French. Presently, Stacey is an English teacher at a University in Colombia. She describes herself as a vivacious and loving person who also has a passion for traveling, taking pictures, her son Nicholas and Ashley, her adorable feline.
Copyright © 2019, Denise N. Fyffe, The Island Journal