Jamaica is ready, set…going to the Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021. This will be one of the first Olympics and major athletics events without the world’s favorite sprinter Usain Bolt.
Nonetheless, the Jamaican women are more than up to the task; especially in the 100 meters and 200 meters event.
Top Performing Jamaican Sprinters
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Elaine Thompson-Herah, and many others have proven they are ready and aiming for gold.
London 2012 Olympic 100m and 200m silver medallist Yohan Blake will compete in the 100 meters and the 200 meters. Oblique Sevill and Tyquendo Tracey will also run the 100m, and Rasheed Dwyer and Julian Forte the 200m.
According to the JAAAs, the Jamaica team is as follows.
- 100m: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Shericka Jackson, Elaine Thompson-Herah
- 200m: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Shericka Jackson, Elaine Thompson-Herah
- 400m: Roneisha McGregor, Candice McLeod, Stephenie-Ann McPherson
- 800m: Natoya Goule
- 1500m: Aisha Praught-Leer
- 100m hurdles: Britany Anderson, Megan Tapper, Yanique Thompson
- 400m hurdles: Leah Nugent, Janieve Russell, Ronda Whyte
- Long jump: Tissanna Hickling, Chanice Porter
- Triple jump: Shanieka Ricketts, Kimberly Williams
- Shot put: Lloydricka Cameron, Danniel Thomas-Dodd
- Discus: Shadae Lawrence
- 4x100m: Remona Burchell, Natasha Morrison, Briana Williams (plus others selected in individual events)
- 4x400m: Junelle Bromfield, Tovea Jenkins, Stacey Ann Williams (plus others selected in individual events)
- 100m: Yohan Blake, Oblique Sevill, Tyquendo Tracey
- 200m: Yohan Blake, Rasheed Dwyer, Julian Forte
- 400m: Sean Bailey, Demish Gaye, Christopher Taylor
- 110m hurdles: Ronald Levy, Hansle Parchment, Damion Thomas
- 400m hurdles: Jaheel Hyde, Kemar Mowatt, Shawn Rowe
- Long jump: Tajay Gayle, Carey McLeod
- Triple jump: Carey McLeod
- Discus: Fedrick Dacres, Traves Smikle, Chad Wright
- 4x100m: Nigel Ellis, Julian Forte, Jevaughn Minzie (plus others selected in individual events)
- 4x400m: Nathon Allen, Karayme Bartley, Rusheen McDonald (plus others selected in individual events)
- Javier Brown
- Davonte Burnett
- Keeno Burrell
- Tiffany James
- Kemba Nelson
- Charokee Young
Stay tuned for more from the Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021.
Check out her book Treasures of Colombia
This book shares some of the delicious cuisine found in Colombia; from empanadas to arepa boyacense, and bandeja paisa to arepa de huevo. Colombian street food is especially important in Colombian culture because it brings people together. They enjoy sitting in groups with family or friends, blocking off the sidewalks and alleyways as they devour tasty morsels of Colombian cuisine steeped in spices and ingredients.
Available at all online book retailers and Amazon.com