I am a child of God, there is no denying that, but one of my biggest hurdles is anger and true forgiveness of those who have wronged me.
The Challenges of The Christian Life
My life was filled with ‘evil people’ – according to me – who have hurt me in ways I never thought possible. I don’t think of myself, as naive to the wickedness in men’s heart; because I have been a recipient of what lies within.
When I am wronged, I tend to withdraw. That means I have nothing to do with the person and I shut myself away, for fear of lashing out and doing or saying something I would regret. Here is where my anger lives. I have had a bad temper since childhood, and it has been my thorn. So, and to speak honestly – in order not to end up in some prison somewhere – I withdraw within myself.
But anger, doesn’t go away so easy, especially when it is unresolved. Fury is like a wildfire and it destroys everything in its path.
Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the lord . -Romans 13:19
Anger is a forceful emotion.
It is hard to tame. For many of us, we have a slow boil and a devastating eruption. For me, this is true.
I am tired of being angry, of being angered and for getting angry. I am tired of having experiences that cause me to deliberate very bad things. This morning was one such instance, where I could not even have peace in my own home but I took a long walk and as I was still being agitated. I lashed out like a fiend from hell.
People respond to the violent demonstration rather than the quiet appeal. It is repulsive.
I prefer to remain calm, but in that calm is usually a deadly storm, which wreaks havoc on my health. I try to be Christian like but there is a pull towards doing psychotic acts.
I don’t like to be angry or agitated or annoyed.
My focus this week, was to read scriptures about anger and about trust; however, situations materialized to provoke the former. No scriptures materialized in my head, but I knew I needed to not do physical arm.
I will continue reading so that if it is not memorized, it would at least saturate my consciousness and my spirit.
- – Ephesians 4:26-27 NLT And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil
- – James 1:19-20 NLT Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.
- – Proverbs 29:11 NLT Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
- – Proverbs 20:3 NLT Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling.
- – Proverbs 14:30 NLT A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.
So, I am trying to resolve situations in a decisive and quick manner. I am choosing extreme reactions to maintain my sanity and freedom. Hopefully this works.
***(testimony from 2015)
- Witnessing through your Christian Life (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Prayer of the Abused and Used (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Prayer to thank God for his love (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness in your Christian Life (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Awareness and the Christian Life (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Distractions in the Christian Life (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
I wrote the book Revealing The Spiritual Truth About Depression and Suicide, to share spiritual secrets about this stronghold that affects millions. The bible says for lack of knowledge my people perish’ therefore, it is important to understand how to wage spiritual warfare against the ills that affect you.
This book is a Christian literary work that shares valuable and potent information regarding the physical and spiritual truth about depression and suicide.
Get your copy of the book, Revealing The Spiritual Truth About Depression and Suicide, today!