How to make Jamaican Banana Fritters like we do in JamaicaJamaican Banana Fritters Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 12-18 minutes Makes 9 fritters
Ingredients* 2 very ripe bananas * ½ cup of flour, sifted * ½ tbsp vanilla * ½ tsp baking powder * 1 egg, beaten * 1.5 tbsp sugar * 2 pinches salt * ½ tsp cinnamon * ¼ cup milk * Sprinkle of nutmeg (optional)
How to make it:
TIP: Serve at room temperature. Great snack! Live, Love, Eat!
- Crush bananas and combine with all the ingredients except flour and baking powder.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the mixture and mix evenly.
- Spoon mixture into greased pan over medium heat and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar)
- Top 3 Things to do in Jamaica in 2012 (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)
At Miss Universe one of the questions for our online videos was, if you were a food what would it be? I answered that I would be a banana because it is versatile, in Jamaica we eat it green and we also eat it ripe; I believe, like the banana, I have something for everyone. People probably doubted my belief in the versatility of the banana. Now whilst I was impressed with my on the spot answer, I really love the flexibility of this fruit. In addition to it being long, firm, curved and full of energy – get your mind out of the gutter! Lol – you can do something with it in all its stages.
Although you can boil green banana to go with your main meals, use a ripe but firm banana in your smoothies or add them to your cereal, I am going to focus on the…
View original post 501 more words