The USA Olympic Team has flipped the script and now has the most medals at the Summer Olympic Games 2021. Japan still holds first place, in terms of quality of medals because they have more gold medals. However, that is expected to change in the coming days as more event finals get underway.
China holds third place by country rank, but they have the second most amount of medals, with 21, nine of which are gold medals. More countries have hopped on to the Medal Count chart as well.
Also, we continue to wait with bated breathe for the Athletics events, which will begin on Friday, July 30, 2021, the second week of the Olympics. Certainly, many fans are awaiting the thrilling possibilities and outcomes of the 100 meters, 200 meters, and 4×100 meters events.
This is the current medal standings below.
Tokyo Olympics Medal Count
|Team/NOC||Gold Medal||Silver Medal||Bronze Medal||Total||
Rank by Total
|2||United States of America||9||8||8||25||1|
People’s Republic of China
|6||Republic of Korea||3||2||5||10||7|
|23||Hong Kong, China||1||0||0||1||36|
|23||Islamic Republic of Iran||1||0||0||1||36|
Daily medal count and country rank at Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Day 2 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: Country Rank and Medal Count
- Day 3 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: Japan Leads Country Rank and China Leads Medal Count
- Day 4 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: USA Has Most Medals Counted But Japan Still Leads Country Rank
- Day 5 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: Russia Claws Up in Medals Count and Country Rank
- Day 6 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: China Now Leading Country Rank and Medal Count
- Day 7 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: Asia Representing Well In Country Rank and Medal Count
- Day 8 – Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021: Day 8 Country Rank and Medal Count
Stay tuned for more from the Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021.
About the writer:
Denise N. Fyffe is a published author of over 40 books, for more than ten years and enjoys volunteering as a Counselor. She is a trainer, publisher, author, and writing mentor; helping others to achieve their dreams.
Check out her book Treasures of Colombia
This book shares some of the delicious cuisine found in Colombia; from empanadas to arepa boyacense, and bandeja paisa to arepa de huevo. Colombian street food is especially important in Colombian culture because it brings people together. They enjoy sitting in groups with family or friends, blocking off the sidewalks and alleyways as they devour tasty morsels of Colombian cuisine steeped in spices and ingredients.
Available at all online book retailers and Amazon.com